Juhina

Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

Black Blood (Time Spirit Trilogy, #2) - Melissa Pearl As soon as I finished reading Golden Blood, which is the first book in the Time Spirit Trilogy, I HAD to contact the author and let her know how MUCH I loved it! Melissa Pearl was kind enough to give me the second and third book to read and review, and let me tell you, I had my own squealing moment for that. When I finally had the chance to read Black Blood, I just could NOT put it down! I am always scared of sequels not living up to the awesomeness of the first book, but boy, was it as addicting and exciting as Golden Blood. Black Blood gave you some answers while at the same time uncovering more secrets and doubts that keep you reading more and forgetting that you actually have a life outside this fictional world!

To start off, You get to find out more about the mysterious man at the end of Golden Blood and I was SO happy with that development! I liked that a new character that was introduced basically tipped Gemma's world 180 degrees and basically gave her the push she needed to finally think for herself. You don't get to see a lot of Harrison in this book and while this might have frustrated me, Melissa Pearl was able to keep me excited and addicted even without such an important character in the story. I loved the build up of the story, sometimes books lose sight of what is important in a book and just have many subplots without a major one.

As for the characters, I really did get frustrated with Gemma at the beginning but only because I'm the reader and we all know that readers are the Know-It-Alls (in fiction, not sure about real life) but I had to keep on reminding myself that if it was my parents I would have been as stubborn, if not worse than her. Harrison was a bit mushy mushy to my taste at the beginning but I guess that's how young love is right? as for Gabe, I have to admit that HE was my favorite character in Black Blood. He takes up some of the comic relief from Gemma's twin siblings Dom and Ruby because they don't appear as much in this book. Overall Black Blood was a great sequel that did not disappoint! I would recommend to any fans of time traveling to seriously pick this up! also for all readers because this has a bit of everything, contemporary lovers, this is a good one!

4.5/5 stars