Juhina

Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

Remembrance - Michelle Madow I LOVE books that deal with unrequited love, forbidden love (in the sense of girl being in love with her bestfriend's boyfriend, etc) and basically the tension and awkwardness that manifest in some of the scenes between the protagonist and the other 'guy'. The synopsis of this book raised my curiosity and i had to read it! my sister had it on her ibooks library so i borrowed it from her and started reading. I loved the beginning, exactly the type of book i always look forward to read, girl has a boyfriend, boyfriend being careless and too busy for her, girl meets new guy and instantly falls for him, new guy is taken! oh no! *giggles*.

One thing that kept me from being totally invested in the story is its similarity to pride and prejudice, the names of the characters all sounded too familiar "Lizzie - Elizabeth, Drew - Darcy, etc), ive seen too many pride and prejudice remakes and i hoped this wasn't one. So throughout the whole story I kept on wondering whether it'll be another pride and prejudice remake (which im glad it wasn't at the end). I really liked Jeremy, throughout the book i had a hidden hope that he would end up with lizzie, i just felt really bad for him because he was in the way of fate. I kept on hoping Lizzie would give him the explanation he deserved but it never came, which is why I was frustrated at Lizzie.

I give Chelsea kudos for being so level headed about Lizzie and Drew being together, she was a good friend to Lizzie and im just sad that she didn't get her happy ending, nor did Jeremy. (I guess you can tell I loved Chelsea and Jeremy more than Lizzie and Drew :P ).

I honestly loved the beginning of the book more and the ending for me felt a bit unfinished, but it was an entertaining and fun read; One that i would recommend to people who love contemporary retellings and destined love. I would definitely pick up any new book that Michelle Madow writes. She's got a way to make you keep reading.