Juhina

Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

Forever - Maggie Stiefvater Forever was such an amazing book. I honestly didn’t expect it to be this good because I was disappointed in linger, even though I loved shiver. Funny thing is that at the beginning I hated how the trilogy is told from many people’s points of view. Cal, Isabel, Sam, Grace. All I cared about was Sam and Grace which is why I wasn’t happy with linger; but this book? I LOVED Cal and Isabel. They actually had back stories, and I just fell in love with Cal. How a rock star is scientist smart and tries to find a cure from werewolf-ism. I found the whole experimenting parts so interesting! I'm such a science nerd so this was pretty awesome for me.

The characters here are more dynamic, more deep and 4 dimensional. They each had a meaningful story, a hidden secret, fear, longing, that made them more real and humane. That is why I truly enjoyed forever. Also, the connection and love between Grace and Sam can’t go unmentioned. Their love is so strong and pure; it’s hard to imagine such an unconditional love. I wished there was more into Grace’s story towards the end. There were many untied loose ends and also the ending is open ended. This might have annoyed me, I usually want closure!, but I feel it is very fitting for this book. Ending the book in a ‘happily ever after’ or ending it with a tragedy would just seem rushed and unsatisfactory, so I'm happy with the ending.

The wolves of Mercy Fall trilogy is definitely worth checking out if you enjoy paranormal books with a hint of romance! I’m sad this is the end of this trilogy but I’m also excited Maggie Stiefvater’s new book “The Scorpio Race” is out very soon! The synopsis is just crazy awesome, I can’t wait to read it!