Juhina

Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

Love Story - Jennifer Echols I really enjoyed reading the contemporary novel ”Love Story” by Jennifer Echols. I had to get past the first 30 pages to really start enjoying it. I picked up this book almost a month ago, read the first 20 pages then got bored and put it down and never went back to it. Every time I was considering what to read next I’d read a page of the book and then choose something else. Today I put a stop to this nonsense and made myself sit down and READ at least 50 pages or so and if I still didn’t like it, then I can tell myself at least I tried.

The story started off with a short story, the heroine “Erin”, wrote for her creative writing class. It took a while for me to get through that story as I didn’t understand what was going on and why it was set in the past when clearly the book is present day contemporary. However I kept going and understood it was a story the heroine wrote. I REALLY started to enjoy the story when the main male lead “Hunter” (can I say how much I LOVE this name?) is enrolled in the same creative class! And guess what her story is about? HIM!. I got a few laughs, embarrassing ones for her too, on the situation she was put it. Her short story wasn’t just a teen love story, ehh it was quite ‘mature’ in content. This is when I knew I would love this book.

I couldn’t put the book down. I ignored all the shows I had waiting for me and couldn’t stop. I even passed up on sleeping just so I can finish this book! Hunter was dreamy, he was sweet, and his grins made me squeal! (I’m a sucker for a guy with a ‘lopsided grin’ or dimples!). Another thing I loved is how independent Erin is. Even though she is what some might call “A spoiled rich kid” I found her very confident in her decision to leave the riches behind and pursue her dream. I had my doubts on her façade and thought she wouldn’t be able to keep playing the ex-rich girl who is now poor because she is pursuing her dream of being a writer. I thought she would crack down at one point in the story and go back and obey her grandmother so she can get back her credit cards.

This was definitely a page turner, I couldn’t put it down. It was a very enjoyable contemporary read and I’m glad I finally gave the book a chance, because anyways its Jennifer Echols. I’ve basically read everything by her. I shouldn’t have doubted how awesome this book would be.