Juhina

Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

Fall For You (The Jane Austen Academy Series #1: A Modern Retelling of Pride & Prejudice) - Cecilia Gray Fall For You was a retelling of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice that had its own unique plot. It didn't just follow the plot of Pride and Prejudice, but Cecilia Gray added her own spices to make it her own. I have read way too many Pride and Prejudice retellings, and half of them I have dropped, so I am quite picky in regards to P&P retellings. However for the most part I enjoyed Fall For You.

Fall For You felt more like a middle grade title than a young adult one. First of, the story is less than 150 pages, so barely anything happens, and nothing is truly resolved in the end. Don't get me wrong, its impossible to resolve everything in only 150 pages, which is why there is a sequel, but I just felt it was a bit too simplistic to my liking; I don't really read MG titles. However, I enjoyed how the protagonist went after what she wanted, even if in the beginning she had to step on a few people, including her and her best friend's friendship, however at the end of the book, she redeems herself, and character growth is what I look at most in these contemporaries. Fall For You is a great introduction to the Jane Austen Academy series and I hope that the next books in the series contain more complications and have more things at stake.