Juhina

Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

Entice (The Violet Eden Chapters, # 2) - Jessica Shirvington
*contains mild spoilers of Embrace*

Entice is secondary novel is a series that exceeded the first. Embrace was enjoyable but just not that memorable. However Entice was full of action, frustration, potential romance and just exciting. I honestly couldn't put the book down and was sometimes late for work because I lost track of time reading it at breakfast! My liking towards Violet Eden has solidified in Entice. I really liked how independent she is, something you don't usually see in paranormal YA novels. I was also glad that this time she learnt from her previous mistakes and didn't repeat them. She held her ground, she was focused and even if she was swayed a bit, she knew where she belonged in the end.

The end of Embrace was shocking, we find out that Pheonix has somehow embraced his evil side and is now out to get her. Boy am I glad Pheonix is out of the way. I hated how Violet was sidetracked by him and caused so much hurt to her true love, Linc. Even if he still didn't know it yet. However Entice doesn't focus on the romance, but it focuses on finding the scriptures, on finding out who has betrayed the Grigoris and also on Violet learning more about her powers and how big of a part she will have to play for the Grigoris.

The secondary characters in Entice were all so likable! Spence, the guy who I thought was going to create yet another love triangle, only ended up being her awesome kick-butt sidekick thank god. He had me cracking up so much when he teamed up with Violet. We also have Sal, Steph's love interest and then Zoe. I honestly think the introduction of these trio made the book lighter and a bit less dark for the readers. Griffin was as great as always and Magda was as annoying as hell. I loved how Stephanie, who is Vi's none paranormal best friend, is in on everything. Vi doesn't have to keep this huge secret from her and Steph is always 100% in on what Vi is doing and most of the time actually joins in on meetings and watches their practices. Thank god there is no negligent protagonist and a whiny best friend here!

Entice is a great, and better, follow up to Embrace and I now have high hopes for Emblaze. i know many readers have gotten bored of angel novels, but I believe if you stick to the end of Embrace and pick up Entice, you will fall in love with this series!