Juhina

Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

Divergent  - Veronica Roth Divergent blew me away, and let me just point out that I read this after I finished Shatter Me, and while I was having a conversation with someone I actually said "I feel sorry to whatever book I pick up after Shatter Me". Veronica Roth is a genius!! with so many dystopian books coming out, people might feel that the theme is becoming repetitive, with the corrupted government, etc etc, but Roth exceeded my expectations!

Our protagonist, Beatrice, known as Tris ends up changing factions, however initiation begins and the struggle to stay on top, keep a secret that could end her life, and stay true to herself begins. I loved how most of the book centers around the initiation. It brought out the true colors of everyone, including Tris.

What is a young adult book without a romantic prospect for the protagonist? I don't want to ruin it for anyone since you find out pretty late in the book who it is but he is definitely swoon worthy! Dystopian books have become a fast favorite for me because they contain everything in a book I want. Adventure (initiation!), Romance (boy!), mystery (secrets!) and a whole different world from what we know.

Divergent was a book that ended with a BANG and so much promise! I would recommend this book to any lover of dystopian books and also to anyone who wants to try this genre, because once you start this book, I doubt you'll be able to put it back down!