Juhina

Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend - Louise Rozett 4.5/5 stars

Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend is the sequel to Confessions of an Angry Girl, a contemporary novel I have read and loved last year. The reason why I loved the first book is mainly because of the refreshing POV of Rose, our main protagonist. Last year had been a tough year for Rose and her family without her father. In Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend, we now don't have a zombie like mother, but one who wants to discuss everything in therapy, as well as a brother who seems to party way more than study. We also have Jamie Forta, the boy who's got Rose all confused, especially with the way things ended in the first book. However this book is much more than the romance, it is actually more to do with how Rose starts learning to cope with everything that has happened to her and learn to deal with the people around her.

I was not disappointed in this sequel. I love Rose even more than I did in the first book and I completely identify with her most of the time. She is one of those girls that isn't afraid to speak her mind and is just so real. Too many times there are female protagonists that act too perfect, but Rose is real. She gets royally pissed at someone? She's not above imagining punching them. Heck, I've had my fair share of imaginary punching. She has feelings, she feels angry, jealous, pissed, and betrayed and that makes her more human in my opinion. This is why I love Rose, she's not little miss perfect protagonist. She's also not out to impress anyone, even Jamie Forta. Speaking of Jamie, I loved seeing more of him in this novel.. while he is still as mysterious and elusive as ever, we do see a very vulnerable and sincere side whenever he is with Rose. I really need a happily ever after for those two!

You will also notice how Rose is developing throughout this novel, how her reactions to similar situations in the first and second book are different. Rose actually started calling herself Rose 2.0, and I really believed her... most of the time. A girl can only take so much right? especially when Rose has to deal with a ton of issues and problems that are thrown at her in this book. Overall, I enjoyed her train of thoughts and how her relationship with Jamie didn't become her everything. I can't wait for the third book and tie all the loose ends, especially the one concerning Jamie. I recommend this novel to all contemporary fans; You are seriously missing out if you haven't started this series.