Juhina

Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

A Matter of Days - Amber Kizer So good!! Read it in one day. I wish there is a sequel

------
I went into A Matter of Days without any expectations whatsoever. I received this book in a surprise package and when I found out it was a survival novel I immediately picked it up. If you know me, then you know I devour every survival book that reaches my doorstop. So far I have loved every single survival book I've read, including A Matter of Days.
The book starts on day 56 after the epidemic began. almost 98% of the world is dead but two survivors, who will headline this book, are still alive, and they are Nadia and Rabbit (Robert Jr.). The 16 year old girl with her 11 year old brother, in an almost deserted world. Now the main plot in here is for Nadia and Rabbit to travel from Seattle to West Virginia where their uncle is supposed to meet them. I can't give any more details in fear or giving up any spoilers.

As for the main characters, I love love loved Nadia and Rabbit, as a team these two were just amazing. Also, I've mentioned this before but I love sibling bonding in dystopian and post apocalyptic/survival novels. I kept on being surprised and amazed by how mature Rabbit is and his wide knowledge in everything, from siphoning gas from other cars, to leading them to bodies of water by seeing where a flock of birds are heading. As for Nadia, she was just as fantastic, if not better. She always listened to Rabbit and they operated as a team. Of course we've got Zach who shows up later, and also a dog that became their companion. I do have to point out that this book does not contain any romance. So all you readers who are tired of YA books marketed as dystopian and post apocalyptic/survival only to be sucked into a dramatic love story, this book is for you.

There were so many heart pounding scenes as well as some pretty freaked out ones where I was praying that Nadia and everyone else would be able to survive from. When I picked it up I didn't think I was even going to like it but what happened is that I ended up reading it in a single day and wishing that there would be a sequel for it. It isn't open ended or anything, but I did wish we got to live a little bit more in their world, especially with how short the book is, at 288 pages. A Matter of Days is another survival novel I will be sure to recommend to all the fans of the survival sub-genre. I will definitely check out any new releases by Amber Kizer and pray for more survival novels by her!